Saturday, June 28, 2014

Alive -Day 4


It is often said in the world of Jewish mothers that one cannot truly appreciate something until it is gone. In a stroke of misfortune, I had money stolen from my wallet today, which was snuggly placed inside my back back.  Admittedly, ₪150 is not a substantial amount of money, however to be completely honest I was pissed off. After all, I was spending a night in the bellybutton of the Jewish faith. 

Then I took a step back. Again, in the words of Jewish mothers across the world: I had simply lost money...not a limb, and not a head. Furthermore, I had began to realize how lucky I was. Lucky that I was In a social and economic status where I could afford to lose 150 shekels. Lucky to even have the opportunity to spend the night in such a beautiful and inspirational city. And most importantly, lucky to be alive and healthy, because otherwise the money I lost would have been worth as much as dirt.

---Roee Landesman

No comments:

Post a Comment